Chat to us about the many activities that can be arranged here, most of which start directly from Jambiani Beach. Whatever takes your fancy, we’ll help you find the right people to go with, and we can give you advice on fair prices.
If you want to explore more of Zanzibar, we can help with car hire at great rates. Alternatively, we offer a special Driftwood shuttle service to and from Stone Town and the airport if you don’t want to drive on your holiday. Hiring a bike is also a great way to explore Jambiani at a suitably relaxed pace.
Swim or snorkel directly from the beach, or set sail from Jambiani on a traditional dhow to enjoy snorkelling or diving on coral reefs. You can even try your hand at sailing on the calm waters by hiring a ngalawa (dugout sailing canoe) from the village for a sunset cruise.
Zanzibar ofters excellent diving and we have two dive centers within walking distance to the lodge.
While we don’t offer watersports ourselves, we can arrange deep-sea fishing or spear fishing trips with local operators, so throw in a line and hook your own sushi. You can also catch some big air – Jambiani is a renowned kite-surfing destination and we can help you arrange lessons if you’ve never tried this exhilarating activity.
We can organise the balance of your site seeing excursions from the lodge as well, these include:
- Safari Blue – Zanzibar’s most talked about sea adventure. Spend a day exploring in a traditional wooden dhow, snorkel around the reefs at Kwale island then lunch on the island.
- Spice Tour – A trip to Zanzibar wouldn’t be complete without a spice tour, after all it got its nick name as a result of being one of the world’s leading producers of spices.
- Stonetown Tour – Take in the charms of Stone Town through the narrow streets, beautiful architecture and aromatic, bustling market.
- Prison Island Tour -Take a 30 minute boat trip from Stone Town to the island formerly owned by an Arab who used it to confine unruly slaves. It is also home of the Aldabra Giant Tortoise sanctuary. A must see!
- Jozani Forest Tour – The Jozani Forest Tour is a magical experience. It is one of the last remaining sanctuaries home to the red colubus monkey. Get amazing sightings and photo’s with these rare and entertaining monkeys.
- Butterfly Farm – Located in a netted tropical garden with hundreds of butterfiles which are native to Zanzibar. Enjoy an interactive and beautifully visual environment to learn about these colourful creatures.
And finally yes, chilling out in the TV lounge / library or catching some rays on the beach while enjoying a massage definitely counts as an activity.